You put AA on a better team and he is the best player in the district. He still is IMO, to be a soph.
Like I said, Adkins is a very good ballplayer. I respect your opinion as well as others, hopefully you can respect mine as well.
Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S
You put AA on a better team and he is the best player in the district. He still is IMO, to be a soph.
Same old saying offense sells tickets , "D" wins games, u better be able to stop somebody,because there will be nights that u don't shoot the ball well. Look at the good teams in college . Yea, they maybe scoring 75-80 but look what they are giving up 55-60. The good ones use thier D to create thier O. In high school u score 75 your having a great night shooting the ball ,or someone can't play D at all.
been there done that,even got the T-shirt
How many teams win scoring 50pts a game? They dont, thats all BS, if you give up 80-90 yeah thats one thing, if you score more buckets then someone else thats what matters, if I played or were a coach and my team scored 30-40 pts a game Id quit and go out for wrestling
It's that, or my offense is better than yours. But I pay to watch the games, a couple of backside screens and get the kids off the 3- point line and moving around and most of the "D"s would fall apart. You didn't get points for guarding people when the last game I watched was played. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
brickey/allen...
there about all that appy has this year...
first of all adkins will be 1st team all district in my opinion and how come not many people have cedrick on their list? i think he should make it too. . .
I'll have to argue a bit. I think for the season Clintwood gives up about 45 points a game. Problem is they scored about 43 points a game.
Defense is great but you still got to be able to put some points on the board.
There has to be a good medium peformance, you can't always expect to score 80, but you also can't win that often if you can't score 40.
I think Adkins, as well as Vanover, are all-district for the simple reason that they have their numbers with teams knowing that they are the featured point and trying to shut them down. If either of them just scored points and didn't do anything else, that would be fine, but they don't.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
U better start working on your bodyslam, High schools only play 8 min quaters, and your right whoever scores more wins thats a given, but if your not scoring u better be playing "D" Look up the scores from Final Four VHSL over the past 3-4 years, and these are the best teams in the state.There are very few games that was in the 60s. little alone in the 70s. I was there last year and the scores was in the 50s in all most every game , even in AA and AAA
been there done that,even got the T-shirt
Its a sad state of play when you can win a game scoring 30-45 points in a game. Sad, sad, sad.
Bookmarks